At Capital Techies, a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees, contractors, interns, and volunteers, whatever their gender, race, disability, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, or education feel valued and respected.
We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and provide equal opportunity for employment and advancement in all of our departments, programs, and worksites. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and ensure that all voices are valued and heard.
We’re committed to modeling diversity and inclusion and maintaining an inclusive environment with equitable treatment for all.
To provide informed, authentic leadership for cultural equity, Capital Techies strives to:
- See diversity, inclusion, and equity as connected to our mission and critical to ensuring the well-being of our staff and the communities we serve.
- Acknowledge and dismantle any inequities within our policies, systems, programs, and services, and continually update and report organization progress.
- Explore potential underlying, unquestioned assumptions that interfere with inclusiveness.
- Advocate for and support board-level thinking about how systemic inequities impact our organization’s work, and how best to address that in a way that is consistent with our mission.
- Help to challenge assumptions about what it takes to be a strong leader at our organization, and who is well-positioned to provide leadership.
- Practice and encourage transparent communication in all interactions.
- Commit time and resources to expand more diverse leadership within our staff.
- Lead with respect and tolerance. We expect all employees to embrace this notion and to express it in workplace interactions and through everyday practices.
Capital Techies abides by the following action items to help promote diversity and inclusion in our workplace:
- Pursue cultural competency throughout our organization by creating substantive learning opportunities and formal, transparent policies.
- Generate and aggregate quantitative and qualitative research related to equity to make incremental, measurable progress toward the visibility of our diversity, inclusion, and equity efforts. Once the content is curated, it will be added to our website so others can access it.
- Improve our cultural leadership pipeline by creating and supporting programs and policies that foster leadership that reflects the diversity of American society.
- Pool resources and expand offerings for underrepresented constituents by connecting with other arts organizations committed to diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Develop and present sessions on diversity, inclusion, and equity to provide information and resources internally, and to members, the community, and the arts industry.
- Develop a system for being more intentional and conscious of bias during the hiring, promoting, or evaluation process.
- Train our hiring team on equitable practices.
Supplier Diversity Policy
We believe bringing people together with a broad range of perspectives, ideas, and experiences leads to a better work environment for our staff and more robust solutions for our customers. Our Supplier Diversity Policy is designed to connect more minorities-women-, veterans-, persons with disabilities-, and LGBT-owned small businesses to opportunities with our clients and us. Capital techies makes concerted efforts to include and utilize diverse supplier firms that are competitive in price, quality, and service and provide the best fit for our customers and us.
Capital Techies is a Small, Women-owned, and Minority-owned Business (SWaM) certificated in the state of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
The goals of the Capital Techies Supplier Diversity Policy are:
- Identify and qualify diversity suppliers that can supply high-quality goods and services to Capital Techies and our end clients.
- Foster existing diverse relationships that are mutually beneficial helping develop capacity and capability for both parties.
- Assist our clients in achieving their Supplier Diversity targets.
End User Computing
Or just call us, we’re ready to talk on 571-982-6000
For more details about the best IT Support Plan for your organization, speak with our team now.