Amid the coronavirus pandemic, technology companies have introduced free offers to assist businesses with remote workers, work-at-home initiatives, cybersecurity and more.
Here’s a list of free tools and offers, updated regularly, to assist with their business needs during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Friendly Reminder – Long-Term Costs: In most cases, the free offers below are for a limited time. Before you sign up for the services or deploy them for customers, understand the actual one-time or monthly costs you and your customers will face if you choose to continue consuming the product or service once the free promotion ends.
ADVERTISING, MARKETING AND SOCIAL MEDIA
- Facebook: The giant plans to award $100 million in cash grants and ad credits for up to 30,000 small businesses in over 30 countries to address the economic impact of the coronavirus outbreak, Reuters reports. The majority will be in cash grants and Facebook will disclose more details soon about how businesses will be able to apply for assistance, the report says.
- CenturyLink and Comcast have suspended Internet data caps during the coronavirus pandemic, The Colorado Sun reports.
BUSINESS PRODUCTIVITY, CLOUD AND COLLABORATION (CHAT, FILE SHARING, VIDEO CONFERENCING & MORE)
- Acronis Cyber Files Cloud: The file sync and share solution is free to all service providers through July 31, 2020. Acronis partners who are seeking additional details about the offer and Acronis should contact their account manager.
- Aisera, a Palo Alto-based Artificial Intelligence (AI) solutions company that came out of stealth earlier this year, will provide free 24/7 AI technology-based assistance to healthcare providers and government agencies during the coronavirus pandemic.
- AudioEye is giving away their digital accessibility technology to companies so that people with disabilities, including many older adults, can navigate the web more easily.
- Avaya Spaces: Avaya is offering free 60-day access to Avaya Spaces, a cloud meeting and team collaboration solution. Also Avaya is offering free 90-day licenses to a “wide range of Avaya unified communications solutions compatible with virtually every Avaya platform.” Details are here.
- Axcient Anchor licenses are free through June 2020 for all new users. Anchor is a file sync and sharing service designed for MSPs and their end-customers.
- BlackBerry The following solutions and services are available free of charge for a 60 day period:
- Cisco Systems: The company’s overall COVID-19 strategy and associated free offers are here.
- Commvault is giving free, instant access to its SaaS offering, Metallic Endpoint Backup and Recovery, with unlimited Microsoft Azure backup storage for up to 1,000 endpoint devices. The offering will be available in the U.S. and Canada through September 1, 2020. Additionally, Commvault is launching its Customer Care Program to help the data management community deal with COVID-19.
- CucumberStudio, a collaboration platform, is available for free. Also, free BDD training is provided through the Cucumber School.
- Curacubby, an end-to-end commerce, billing and integrated payments platform built for the education market, is making several of its tools free until at least July 1, 2020 during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Distance Learning: 3CX has set up a dedicated page on its website for schools wishing to obtain a free license, for 1 year. The offer will be valid until the crisis has passed.
- Element Form is offering free, secure medical forms to all medical professionals, healthcare workers, aid workers, governments, non-profits, individual doctors, nurses and private and government-owned hospitals.
- Ericom is offering free 60-day licenses for AccessNow and Connect secure application access solutions, which provide anywhere, anytime access to business-critical applications.
- Espressive, a provider of artificial intelligence (AI) for enterprise service management (ESM), hgas released a free 90-day Rapid Assistance Program to help enterprise organizations automate, track, and respond to employee questions about working from home.
- GanttPRO software for non-profit organizations is free for some use cases (hospitals, healthcare-related, and non-profit organizations) until the August 15, 2020
- Google Hangouts for existing Google G Suite business and educations customers.
- Hiver has introduced a free collaboration service for small businesses with less than 50 employees. The offering expires June 30, 2020.
- Intermedia: AnyMeeting video conferencing and webinar service is free through December 31, 2020. Also there’s one free Webinar Pro license per account — which enables live broadcast events for up to 200 people.
- Kryon, a robotic process automation (RPA) specialist, has introduced a free Full-Cycle Automation package, including Process Discovery Robots, Attended Automation Robots and Unattended Automation Robots, to enterprise companies. Companies are invited to complete this form before April 15, 2020 to confirm eligibility and receive access.
- Limeade, an employee experience company, is offering a free edition of its product starting immediately.
- LogMeIn Emergency Remote Work Kits free for three months.
- ManageEngine is offering free remote access tools until July 1, 2020.
- Microsoft Teams is free for six months.
- MSP360: The company is offering to MSPs free MSP360 Managed Backup for Desktop licenses. All new Windows desktop operating systems endpoints installed through April 30 are free for 90 days. After 90 days, MSPs are given the option to subscribe or opt out of the software. New and existing MSP360 customers qualify for the deal.
Also available for free is MSP360 Remote Assistant, a remote desktop software that allows MSPs to connect to remote computers and provide support over the internet.
- MYKI is free password management tool that helps to securely store and manage passwords and 2FA locally (offline) across devices.
- Onshape SaaS CAD Solution, plus the associated learning resources, are free to high schools and universities that wish to offer collaborative virtual STEM and 3D CAD classes to students learning at home, on their own devices.
- OnScale: The provider of Cloud Engineering Simulation now offers free cloud core-hours to customers to promote customer safety and mitigate any productivity loss due to office shutdowns. Customers are invited to reach out to [email protected] with any questions about accessing OnScale and using free core-hours from home while working remotely during the outbreak.
- Opmantek is offering free software to:
- Australian Healthcare organizations or other organizations supporting the treatment of COVID-19; and
- all levels of government that have historically provided grants or assistance to Opmantek since foundation – including Gold Coast City Council, The Queensland Government, The Commonwealth Government.
- PTC’s Vuforia Chalk remote assistance app is free during the pandemic.
- Rackspace: Chief Solutions Officer Matt Stoyka shares details here.
- Rpost is offering RMail email encryption and RSign E-Signature services for free “for the next couple months.”
- Showpad, a sales enablement platform, is offering the Remote Selling Hub with free resources for sales training, increased productivity and effective management tips.
- WALLIX is offering free licenses for their Access Manager module of their Bastion PAM solution.
- Wildix is offering a six-month free smart working solution.
- Zoho Small Business Emergency Subscription Assistance Program (ESAP): For up to 20,000 qualified paying customers with 25 employees or less, Zoho is waiving the cost of every single application they current use, for up to three months.
- Zoom free version.
CERTIFICATION AND EDUCATION
- CompTIA‘s eLearning course on the fundamentals is IT free of charge to anyone interested in learning more about technology. CompTIA and its industry partner BenchPrep are providing free 30-day licenses for the CertMaster Learn eLearning course for CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+).
- MSPCFO is offering one hour of free consulting to help MSPs understand their client portfolio profitability and more.
- SpliceNet Consulting and additional MSPs have started “No Law Firm Left Behind” with the goals of helping law firms (1) keep their doors open, (2) maintain staffing (3) maintain customer service. Free services are available through May 31, 2020.
- 1Password Business is now free for six months.
- Beachhead Solutions: MSPs can add free licenses to their current SimplySecure license allocation. The free license offer can be used for MSPs’ own employees and/or for their clients and their employees. Request details here: [email protected]
- Carbonite and Webroot, owned by OpenText, have introduced data protection and cybersecurity offers that span
- Carbonite Endpoint Protection
- Carbonite Backup for Microsoft Office 365
- Webroot Business Endpoint Protection
- Webroot DNS Protection
- Webroot Security Awareness Training
- Check Point Software has launched ZoneAlarm Web Secure Free solution, giving users free protection against phishing attacks, malicious downloads and dangerous websites.
- ConnectWise’s Continuum Fortify for Endpoint Security In partnership with SentinelOne, ConnectWise is providing 100 free licenses to Continuum Fortify for Endpoint Security at no cost until June 30, 2020.
- Coveware & Emsisoft: The companies are partnering to offer healthcare organizations free ransomware response services to healthcare organizations amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- CryptroStopper: The Starter package for five desktop licenses includes a free 60-day offer.
- Crowdsourced Security: Bugcrowd’s 90-day free offer details are here.
- Cybriant has announced free access to its 24/7 Managed Detection and Remediation (MDR) service, powered by SentinelOne. The free offer runs March 16 through May 15, 2020. Cybriant’s 24/7 monitoring and remediation service will be free for 60 days after the initial installation of SentinelOne.
- Defendify: The company’s Cybersecurity Essentials Package is free.
- ESET has extended the free trial period from 30 to 90 days for:
- Kaspersky‘s core endpoint security products are free to medical organizations for six months. The offerings include Kaspersky Endpoint Security Cloud Plus, Kaspersky Security for Microsoft Office 365, Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business Advanced and Kaspersky Hybrid Cloud Security.
- PCMatic: All current and future PC Matic MSP partners are now able to add unlimited endpoints to their accounts – at no additional charge through the end of June 2020.
- ReaQta-Hive: The company is offering a BCP Endpoint Defense Package to help companies secure their remote endpoints. The BCP Package is a four-month free coverage available to all healthcare providers and qualified companies, and “easily deployable within minutes,” ReaQta-Hive says.
- Reflectiz has introduced a two-month free offer for website protection.
- SecureAuth is offering its Intelligent Identity Cloud package for free through December 15, 2020,
- SentinelOne: The autonomous cybersecurity platform company is making SentinelOne Core available free of charge beginning Monday, March 16 through Friday, May 16, 2020.
- Sophos: For the duration of the COVID-19 global health concern, all Sophos customers can protect their employees’ personal PCs and Macs for free with our Sophos Home Commercial Edition program. See details here.
- Stratozen has introduced free vulnerability scanning through May 30.
- Sumo Logic has introduced free analytics solutions and Work From Home security options.
- Synology has made all VPN Plus Licenses free.
- Trustwave introduced this free remote security information pack.
- Trustifi, a SaaS email security company, is offering no-cost, 90-day trial licenses of its email encryption solutions to companies of 50 employees or more. Interested parties can use this link to engage a Trustifi representative who can manage the 90-day trial subscription. There is no obligation to purchase after the trail.
- Vectra is now offering their services for free through May 31, 2020, to detect account takeovers (ATOs) for Microsoft 365 accounts.
IT SERVICE MANAGEMENT, IT SUPPORT AND REMOTE MONITORING
- Application Monitoring: Entuity, a subsidiary of Park Place Technologies is offering customers a 90-day free trial of its SurePath application path monitoring module for Internet connections, WAN connections, and cloud-based applications.
Banyan Security is offering a 90-day free trial of its remote access product.
Client Support Collateral: Alper’s team is offering free COVID-19 client support collateral.
- Cognition360 views and analytics is free to the ConnectWise community for 60 days. The suite’s Technician Efficiency Module allows visibility of a remote technical workforce to multiple variables.
- ConnectWise: Free Control remote workforce offer through June 20 is explained here.
- Corporate Armor is providing its remote desktop and unattended access tool, ISL Light, free to U.S. and Canada IT Channel Partners enabling clients to work remotely. Find details here.
- Freshworks: Freshchat and Freshcaller are free for the next six months to small businesses with fewer than 50 employees.
- Fully Managed has unveiled a free Emergency Response Management (ERM) application to better track personnel and their interactions during the COVID-19 virus outbreak. It’s based on ServiceNow’s Emergency Response Management application. The offer includes free Fully Managed implementation services.
- GMS Live Expert, a help desk provider to MSPs, has introduced free automated workstation tune-up services for MSPs.
- IoT Monitoring: MachineMetrics is offering free access to MachineMetrics for any manufacturer involved with the production of Ventilator parts, test equipment, protective equipment, or any COVID-19 related manufacturing support, as well as to help companies produce new products, increase production volumes, and bring therapies faster to market.
PagerDuty is offering 20 free licenses for PagerDuty’s Team for six months. The ofer is for healthcare organizations that need to automate incident response.
Office 365 Productivity Monitoring Reports: MessageOps free offer details are here.
- Qualys is offering free 60-day use of the company’s remote patching service. The service will initially be available for Qualys customers. Delivery to others will be prioritized based on their signup date, the company says.
- Riverbed Client Accelerator: The free 90-day trial optimizes at-home network connections to cloud, SaaS and on-premises applications, the company says.
- Saucecode Tistro: The remote worker management tool is available free until June 3o, 2020.
- ServiceNow: has announced four new community apps to help its customers, including government agencies and enterprises, manage complex emergency response workflows. These apps are now available at servicenow.com/crisisresponse for customers to access free of charge through September 30, 2020.
- SolarWinds Take Control Plus, a standalone remote support solution, is free of charge for 90 days, if partners sign up before June 30, 2020. For a limited time, Take Control Plus licenses also come with 25 additional end-user accounts for partners to extend to employees and clients.
AI, ANALYTICS, BIG DATA AND RESEARCH
- Aptean since February has offered cost-free, limited-access GenomeQuest accounts to scientists researching the virus in the countries most impacted by COVID-19. GenomeQuest is the world’s largest intellectual property sequence database that uses proprietary sequence comparison algorithms for in-depth search and analysis.
CORONAVIRUS & COVID-19 FREE OFFER SCAMS
Please note: Readers should double-check all special offers that they receive or learn about. The Federal Government has warned that some bogus free offers are actually malware, phishing and ransomware campaigns. In some cases, the cybercriminals imitate legitimate companies and offers.